THE RAFIKI CLUB
Dear friend in the Rafiki Programm
I’m Elizabete, I'm also participating in this great initiative, and at the moment I’m giving Lin a hand with the logistics involved. So I hope you don’t mind receiving this message from me.
A lot of the Rafikis haven’t received a reply to their letter yet, and I’m sure they are eagerly awaiting news from their Rafikis abroad, this can be due to a number of reasons:
- Their letters never reached you
- Your answer never reached them
- You can’t find the time to reply
I’m myself am still waiting for my Rafiki’s letter, after I replied to her letter, so to be on the safe side, after a month without any reply, I sent another letter. This way if the first letter never arrived, I’m trying again. I would suggest that:
- If you are in the same situation, i.e., never received a reply, send another letter or card, and check with Lin so she can check with people on the ground if your letter was received.
- If you have been paired with a Rafiki, and still haven’t received a letter, check with Lin, so she can check with people on the ground when the letter was sent.
Please CC me, so I can keep an updated list of who has/hasn’t received letters form their Rafiki.
- If you haven’t found time yet to reply, that’s ok, we all lead extremely busy lives, trying to balance, in most cases, being a mum, having a job, running a house, etc. It’s not easy. When you're really short of time, maybe you could choose to send a card, with a small message saying you'll write a longer letter, as soon as you have more time, for instance.
Also if you have more than one Rafiki, and are finding it difficult to keep “up to date”, so to speak, why not pass one of your Rafikis to a friend, or a family member.
And this brings me to the other thing I wanted to talk to you about, we all have friends, relatives, acquaintances, that I’m sure would love to be involved in this wonderful initiative, so why not talk to them, and get them involved!!! The number of Rafikis in Africa is growing by the day, and we need more women interested abroad.
I want to thank you all, in Lin’s name, for your dedication to this worthy cause. Together we can be strong, and make a difference.