Welcome Voices of Sri Lanka!
Welcome new members of The Sri Lanka Café! This is an open and safe space to discuss, collaborate and share your stories, thoughts and ideas surrounding Sri Lanka and her people. This group provides a space to spotlight the unheard voices of women leaders and changemakers from Sri Lanka and all those who support them.
Here are some questions to help you get started:
• What are some of your personal experiences as a woman from Sri Lanka?
• What would you like the world to know about your homeland?
• What is your vision for the future of your country?
• Do you feel you face special challenges a woman in Sri Lanka? If so, what are these challenges?
• Where are women in Sri Lanka making the most progress? What are the obstacles to this progress?
• What do you feel are the biggest misconceptions about your country?
• What can the international community do to support Sri Lanka's people?
• What are the greatest rewards in your work, and what inspires you to continue in this work?
• What advice do you have for other women embarking on a similar journey?
• Where do you see the greatest hope for your country and fellow women?
Feel free to contribute in anyway you would like, and please encourage those around you to let their voices be heard as well! Use the "Share This" feature to invite your friends and colleagues. Be sure to check back with the group to keep the conversation going!