International Women's Day 2012
It’s a Virtual Party and You're Invited!
Celebrate with Your World Pulse Sisters & Brothers Across the Globe
What will you bring to the party?
Here are some ideas.
In your journal:
- Describe in colorful detail what an IWD celebration looks like in your community.
- Share the lyrics of a celebratory song that honors women in your culture.
- Write a poem to honor the everyday women who are making a difference locally or globally.
- Tell us a story about your most memorable IWD.
- Imagine a world that honors women every day—what would it look like?
- Post a video, a photo, or other vivid artistic interpretation to bring your celebration online.
- Get creative, you decide!
How do YOU celebrate International Women’s Day?
Building a world which celebrates women is vital to shifting the global paradigm for women’s equality. Sometimes advancing this change means trading the picket sign for your party shoes and celebrating ourselves and the women who inspire us.
We’re hosting an online party, mapping celebrations across the globe to highlight the collective energy of women celebrating women. And we want to hear from you!
This March, join World Pulse in championing courage, innovation, and possibility with women and men from 190 countries.
Map your celebration for a chance to win a Flip camera!
Tell us what International Women’s Day looks like in your country, your community, or your home. Over the years, we’ve heard about inspiring events like street marches in Rio, maternal health workshops in Uganda, dance parties in Moscow, and fundraising galas in New York. What does IWD 2012 look like for you?
Three Ways to Join the Party
Submit a Story
Celebrate with Sisters Worldwide!
Honor Someone Special