World Pulse’s Inaugural Tour: February 2009
The Heart of Cambodia
World Pulse will embark on our first-ever international tour to Cambodia to meet leading women pioneering a new future for Cambodia. You’ll visit innovative women-led programs and experience the country’s lush sights and flavors. We will come away with an understanding of how we can partner with the brave women and children of Cambodia to make a lasting impact. Our Guide: Loung Ung, visionary author of First They Killed My Father and Lucky Child, anti-landmines activist, and survivor of the Cambodian killing fields.
Journey to the Heart of Cambodia!
· February 7-16, 2008, Over Valentine’s and Full Moon.
· Your guide: Cambodian legend, author, and landmine activist, Loung Ung (www.loungung.com)
· Bond with an intimate, dynamic group of women participants
· Meet and listen to top Cambodian women leaders changing laws, transforming journalism, and fighting human trafficking
· Visit programs for women and children, as well as classic destinations, such as Angkor Wat at dawn!
· Enjoy relaxing, healing time, as well as incredible cuisine, sights and flavors.
· 10% of fee supports local programs and leaders we visit.
Add your questions and comments about the trip and connect with other participants!
Join the PulseWire group here:
Pick and choose segments from Lonely Planet Guidebook! These downloads are licensed for use by Cambodia delegates only. Please do not share outside of our group. Thank you!
For a general directory of pages, with information about health and travel tips, click here:
For history of Cambodia, click here:
For Phnom Penh information & maps, click here:
For Siem Reap information & maps, click here:
For detailed information about the temples of Angkor Wat, click here: