The International Women's Day 2012 Official Prize Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Contest Eligibility. The International Women's Day 2012 ("Contest") is open to all persons worldwide who are at least 18 years of age and have reached the age of majority in their state/country/providence of residence as of the date of entry, except for persons residing in jurisdiction where the Contest is prohibited (collectively, "Ineligible Jurisdictions"). Persons located in an Ineligible Jurisdiction and/or entries originating from an Ineligible Jurisdiction are not eligible for and may not participate in the Contest.
Directors, officers and employees of World Pulse ("Sponsor"), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of any Contest materials and any of the immediate family members (parents, children, siblings, spouse) and members of the household (whether related or not) of such directors, officers, and employees, are not eligible for the Contest. All applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
2. Contest Entry Procedure.
The journal entry must be successfully submitted and appropriately tagged by March 15 2012 to be eligible for the prize.
See instructions on submitting journals and tagging at http://www.worldpulse.com/pulsewire/about/faq
By entering, each participant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Entry: (a) participant is the sole author and exclusive owner of the Entry; (b) the Entry is participant's does not infringe the rights of any third party; and (c) that participant's Entry is truthful in all respects.
No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. All Entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and receipt of Entries will not be acknowledged nor Entries returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Only fully completed Entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
3. Start/End Dates. The Contest begins at 7:00 AM Pacific Time (GMT -7) on Thursday, March 1, 2012, and ends at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (GMT -7) on Thursday, March 15, 2012 ("Contest Period").
4. Contest Selection. All eligible Entries will be compiled, counted and the information will be used internally by the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any Entries that are inappropriate, offensive or improper for any reason. All Entries will be counted, and the Prize Winner will be selected based on a random selection process.
By entering, you agree to be bound by these official rules ("Official Rules") and the decisions of the Sponsor, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
5. Prizes. One (1) Finalist will receive a Flip video camera. Approximate retail value of the Prize: $100.00 USD. Actual value may vary depending on market value of prizes. Prize Winners will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. All prizes are non-transferable. No prize substitution or cash redemption is permitted. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
6. Notification. All Winners will be notified by e-mail. Finalists will be notified on or about March 31, 2012.
If a Winner cannot be contacted within one (1) weeks following Sponsor's first notification attempt, if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if a Winner rejects his or her prize, or if a Winner fails to comply with all of these Official Rules, that Winner automatically will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may award the prize to a second randomly selected Winner as determined by the Sponsor. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. Sponsor shall not be liable or responsible in the event any Winner's Entry is not used for any reason. Entries may be cut, edited, reformatted, rearranged, combined with other materials and/or otherwise modified, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion.
8. Additional Terms. Sponsor may edit and otherwise modify any and all Entries, for any and all reasons including length, clarity and content, all in its sole discretion. All applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and rules apply. To the extent permitted by law, the Released Parties are not responsible (a) if any prize is delayed or cannot be awarded because of any cause outside its reasonable control, including without limitation acts of God, acts of war, acts of terrorism, natural disasters and/or weather; (b) for any lost, misdirected, late, illegible, unintelligible, incomplete, invalid, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, all of which will be disqualified; and (c) for any human, technical, mechanical, electronic, technological, digital, hardware, software, telephone or other communications and/or Internet problems, errors, malfunctions and/or failures of any kind, any lost or unavailable network connections, any web site, Internet and/or ISP delay or unavailability, and/or any unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of Entry information (regardless of cause) or any delayed computer transmissions that may limit, prevent or otherwise interfere with your ability to enter the Contest, including without limitation any injury or damage to a computer arising from downloading any content for and/or otherwise participating in the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, extend or otherwise modify the Contest if (d) an insufficient number of qualifying contestants are entered in the Contest, and/or (e) bugs, computer viruses, unauthorized human intervention, fraud and/or other causes beyond Sponsor's control corrupt or otherwise adversely affect the administration, security, fairness and/or proper conduct of the Contest, all in Sponsor's sole discretion. In such case, Sponsor may select the Winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Site.
If you do not comply in full with these Official Rules; if you attempt to interfere with or attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way (including without limitation by cheating, hacking, deception and/or any other unfair or improper practice); and/or if you attempt or otherwise intend to annoy, harass, threaten or abuse Sponsor, any Released Party, and/or any Contest participant(s), you may be disqualified from the Contest, all in World Pulse's sole discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY YOU TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY INTERNET SITE AND/OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD YOU MAKE SUCH AN ATTEMPT, SPONSOR MAY SEEK DAMAGES FROM YOU AND TAKE OTHER ADVERSARIAL ACTION AGAINST YOU TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING CONTENT DOWNLOADED FROM ANY INTERNET SITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES' TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $100. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
Disputes: Except where prohibited by law: (a) As a condition of participating in this Contest, participants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between a participant and Sponsor, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, or the determination of Winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., costs associated with entering this Contest), and participants further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased; and (c) Any arbitration shall be conducted in the State of Oregon, in the City of Portland, County of Multnomah, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: Except where prohibited by law, this promotion is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of participants and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Oregon, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of Oregon, in the City of Portland, County of Multnomah.
10. List of Winners. To obtain a physical list of Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 1, 2012 to: World Pulse, Lovejoy Center, 909 NW 19th Ave, Suite C, Portland, OR 97209.
11. Sponsor. World Pulse, Lovejoy Center, 909 NW 19th Ave, Suite C, Portland, OR 97209.